e a Glória de Não sê-lo / and will not be the Glory of Being So

~English below (responsibility of the author)

Não quero ser o sono contigo e nem tão pouco contigo só estar

contigo quero ser a Estrela que de lá de trás Explodia em

milénios Transtornada encontrada e já perdida

Não quero contigo inquietar-me e nem aquietar-me tão pouco

nem muito que seja,

Não quero de ti nada que não seja meu porque sempre foi

e nunca de direito me inteirei eu de mim sempre

pois que nem o tempo sobrava nem a alma se tinha em conta

do que já levava nas costas desde há anos acometida

de tão feia ser por fora e tão linda por dentro ou Deus sabe

se o contrário seria, 

mas Sei Hoje por uma Graça Divina que seja, que de ti 

quero os braços em que de noite me adormeces

escondendo-me o rosto de mim, 

amamentando-me enfim num calor

lento e viscoso onde se cheira a carne 

escurecida de séculos de Espírito 

Elevado aos Céus

do Topo das Montanhas Mais Altas

onde nem nunca sonhei respirar

De Ti quero esses braços onde me alças ao sono quente de menina onde

não tenho medo de mim, do tanto que grito e choro e rio e não tenho

medo de mim e nem de ti que de mim sou eu 

de ti

é isso que quero

quando não quero Nada de ti 

porque nunca Quis nada que Sonhasse Assim porque nunca me poderia ter sonhado

uma menina que

nunca me soube menina

eu era uma velha quando mal do ventre me espremia então como me vejo

assim tão esquecida e tão violentamente espelhada neste rosto de sei lá

quem seja que Me Olha com DOIS olhos no espelho

e CATORZE dedos sobre a ferida cuja cicatriz se desvanece

quase límpida ao despertar do dia em que mais do que as águas

que a mim me regam Não Sou e a Glória de Não sê-lo!

~

It isn't that I am the Sleep with you nor am I to want with you simply Be

it is that a Star exploded into what we are to be recognised

as one into Being

For you I will not guess nor dress down ever either,

not much at all,

From you I want nothing but what I was supposed to have been but never

even would have known how to dream since never did I ever knew 

the girl that with you I see breathing on the top of the Mountain.

From You I want who I am and never was nor will I ever be

but in the exact moment in which the same Star explodes within

the One who likes to be forgotten of the ugly life lived on the inside or on the outside

I do not know.

From You I want the Arms with which you put me to sleep at night in the cold darkness

hiding my face from myself, finally breastfeeding me in the slow and viscous heat

where one Smells the Spirits of the Thousands that through undisturbed Millenia

raised to the Skies Above

(where I never even dreamt of breathing)

From you I want the arms into which you Lift me into My Bedroom

where no fear hides and no doubt lingers where the world is just

the Glory of How we can Discover it to Be

oh, from you, I want fearless arms, bellowed screams and screeches and another

World that comes anew where I am not afraid of me in you nor you in me

and I can finally be the One I could have been if only dreams had been allowed, 

because face it, I was a Fearless Old Woman as soon as I found myself

expelled from the womb.

And there I was, looking at Myself, so Intertwined in vines and veins,

that I was that I am that I can Be whoever looks back at me with TWO

eyes from behind the mirror

and FOURTEEN fingers caressing the wound which scar will soon fade out

almost entirely cleared by the Beginning of the Day when 

more than the Waters that water me I will be

and will not be the Glory of Being So!








Comments