I am


My parents left me when I was three months

I have an Angolan sister
or maybe two or three or four
a Brazilian sister deep in my heart
one Portuguese brother in my arms
and four Swedish brothers and sisters
with whom I do not sit
in the family photos
my father swam from Cape Verde to Lisbon
from Lisbon to Brazil
from Brazil to Sweden
a swimmer he is
my mother is Portuguese
my grandmother smiled tenderly from Cape Verde to Lisbon
my grandfather flew a boat from Goa to Lisbon
from Lisbon to Goa to Lisbon
forever Lisbon
my great-grandmother jumped on a gypsy cart
from Niza
a small village in Alentejo
to Lisbon
my great-great-grandfather was kicked
from England to Lisbon

I used to have a baby in my arms
she dreams in English
I
I write in English
now and then

              I do not know
who am I.

Comments

  1. nunca teria lido isto, querida... mais gostei. muito.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment