I don't recognize myself

"I don't recognize myself", "we become invisible", the later would probably be better if it applied to ourselves. "I shall look in the mirror and see no one"; how much better should that be? You are not born alone, but you shall die alone, undoubtedly. The process until then is, however, still to be explained. In my case I have been alone for awhile, i did it all alone. Buy I certainly am no Margaret Thatcher. Didn't have to face an army of men. Faced myself mostly. I haven't won though. She did. Or maybe not. In the end I wonder what she thought about it. Sorry, dear old chap, probably better to go like Marylin, you go before you have time to realize you're gone. Easier, no matter what you say. My great-grandmother said, now and then, it was a shitty thing to grow old. Shitty indeed. She had all those grandchildren around, but they were mostly gone. I sticked around but in the end I had no saying in it, and alone she went. Her husband had long been gone, her only son gone as well. My husband as sure as heck had been gone... had to sent him away, or he would never have gone he said. Well, now, as sure as hell I'm not finding another. I have absolutely no desire to see another one go. No one else shall go on my watch. Next one shall be me.

Comments